When to Stay Home
For the safety of all, you are requested/required to please stay home if...
1) In the past two weeks you, your child or anyone in your family has had:
- Fever of 100.4 or above
2) In the last 72 hours you, your child or anyone in your family has had any of the following symptoms:
- Sore Throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Shortness of breath
- Repeated shaking and muscle pain
- Loss of taste or smell
3) You, your child, or anyone in your family had exposure to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the time limits designated below:
"Exposure" = having been in "close contact" with someone diagnosed with COVID 19 in the 48-72 hours prior to the onset of symptoms of that person
“Close Contact” = having been within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period* starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to test specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.
* Individual exposures added together over a 24-hour period (e.g., three 5-minute exposures for a total of 15 minutes).
When to Return
(What to Do Before You Come Back)
COVID-19 POSITIVE WITH SYMPTOMS
If you were COVID-19 Positive WITH SYMPTOMS, we ask that you meet the following criteria before you come
back to Hope Church:
- At least 10 days since symptoms first appeared (unless a severe case with hospitalization and then up to 20 days) and
- At least 48 hours* with no fever without fever-reducing medication and
- Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving **Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation.
*The CDC recommends only 24 hours, but we are asking for 48 hours in keeping with our value of "putting the goals and interests of others before our own."
COVID-19 POSITIVE WITHOUT SYMPTOMS
If you were COVID-19 Positive, but WITHOUT SYMPTOMS, we ask that you meet the following criteria before you come back to Hope Church:
- At least 10 days have passed since positive test and
- Continue to be symptom-free
NOTE: To return before 10-day window has passed, we ask that you have a negative test.
eXPOSED, BUT NO SYMPTOMS
If you, your child, or anyone in your family has been exposed to a COVID-19 situation, we ask that you not return to church until…
- Seven days have passed since exposure AND you've had a negative test, OR
- Ten days have passed since exposure (no test necessary)
For further clarification, use these links:
“How far removed must a person be from the exposure before they are in the clear?"
Our answer is to go with a “once removed” standard. For example:
- Bill has COVID-19.
- Bill’s wife and kids have all had direct exposure to Bill. They are “once removed” from the source.
- Bill’s daughter played with a friend over the weekend, but that friend did not have direct exposure to COVID-19 from Bill. The friend is “twice removed.” She is not required to quarantine.
Hope Kids' COVID-19 Procedures
All children (5th grade and down) are checked in at a centralized location, where we check their temperature (with a touch-less thermometer) and ask the parent to verbally confirm that their child is in good health (using the checklists below).
Classroom teachers are screened for good health (temperature and symptoms) immediately prior to opening.
in the classroom
- We are controlling classroom sizes through a pre-registration process.
- Teachers are required to wear masks in the classroom unless they are speaking; but children are not required to wear masks.
- Hand sanitizer is used as the children enter and exit the rooms, as well as at least two other times in the course of the hour.
- Social distancing is not enforced in the strictest sense, but we encourage good distancing practices among children at a level they can comprehend and understand.
- To reduce the spread of germs, we do NOT SERVE SNACKS OR DRINKS in any of the classes. (Parents are asked to feed their child before they arrive.)
- Parents are asked to bring their nursery aged child in a FRESH, DRY DIAPER. We only check/change diapers as needed.